Why study engineering?
Engineering is an increasingly popular job role in the UK and the country is currently at record shortages for talented engineers. Engineers currently have the top starting salary for students finishing university with a degree in engineering. Engineering allows you to look into everyday problems and find innovative ways to solve them effectively. The course provides you with key and fundamental skills for any engineering prospect ranging from design, cad and making skills.
What will I learn?
The course has three main areas of study:
– R038: Principles of engineering design (examination)
– R039: Communicating designs (use of CAD and design skills to present ideas)
– R040: Design, evaluation, and modelling (creating a prototype from an engineering drawing)
How will I be assessed?
• R038: Principles of engineering design (examination) 60%
• R039: Communicating designs (set assignment coursework) 30%
• R040: Design, evaluation, and modelling (set assignment coursework) 30%
Future pathways and careers
- Engineering designer
- Mechanical engineering
- Product designer
- Electrical engineer
Mr C Crutchley