Why study health and fitness?
Throughout this course you will learn how to understand and identify the main body systems and their functions, understand the principles of training, explore how physical activities affect the body in the short and long term, use relevant fitness tests, understand lifestyle factors and create a health and fitness programme.
You should study this course because:
• it is equivalent to one GCSE;
• you understand the academic requirements of this course;
• you understand that it is not all practical;
• you are interested in a career in sport;
• you want to combine new information with what you already know about sport;
• you are interested in what makes a healthy, active lifestyle; and
• you enjoy analysing and evaluating sports performance.
What will I learn?
Unit one – introduction to body systems and principles of training in health and fitness
Unit two – preparing and planning for health and fitness
How will I be assessed?
Future pathways and careers
- BTEC Level 3 Nationals in sport
- Sport and exercise scientist
- Fitness/gym instructor
- PE teacher
- Sports commentator
- Armed forces
- Leisure centre attendant/manager
- Sports development officer
- Massage therapist
Mr M Sisson