Why study health and social care?
Health and social care offers an opportunity to develop knowledge and understanding of different aspects of the care sector. It will also extend students’ skills and promote independent learning.
This vocational course links directly to the world of work, and is ideal for anyone interested in pursuing a career in care or nursing.
What will I learn?
The qualification consists of three components that give learners the opportunity to develop broad knowledge and understanding of health and social care at levels 1 and 2.
- Human lifespan and development – students explore human growth and development across the life stages, investigating the factors which affect human growth and development.
- Health and social care services including values – exploring the care values which underpin current practice and investigating ways of empowering individuals who use care services.
- Health and wellbeing – students look at the factors that have a positive or negative influence on a person’s health and wellbeing. You will learn how to use this information to design an appropriate plan for improving someone’s health and wellbeing, including short and long-term targets. Additionally, learners will explore the difficulties an individual may face when trying to make these changes.
How will I be assessed?
- External assessment, including the completion of a key task set by BTEC
Future pathways and careers
- Students can progress to level 3 health and social care at Hucknall Sixth Form Centre
- Health care assistant
- Careers working with vulnerable people
For more information on health and social care, contact Mrs Williams via email: email@example.com