Why study sport?
BTEC sport can help you take your first steps towards a career in sport and fitness. You’ll learn essential skills such as training for personal fitness, encouraging sports participation and understanding how the body responds to exercise.
This mixture of academic and practical learning is ideal if you are interested in a career in sport, and want to combine new information with what you already know about the subject, including what makes a healthy, active lifestyle and because you enjoy analysing and evaluating sports performance.
What will I learn?
There are four units covered on the course:
- fitness for sport and exercise
- practical sport
- the mind and sports performance
- the sports performer in action
How will I be assessed?
- Online testing
- Project based assessments
Future pathways and careers
- There are a variety of further and higher education courses related to sport, that lead on from this course
- Sport and exercise scientist
- Fitness/gym instructor
- PE teacher
- Sports commentator
- Armed Forces
- Leisure centre attendant/manager
- Sports development officer
- Massage therapist
For more information on sport, contact Mr Sisson via email: firstname.lastname@example.org