Why study sport?
BTEC sport can help you take your first steps towards a career in sport and fitness. You’ll learn essential skills such as training for personal fitness, encouraging sports participation and understanding how the body responds to exercise.
You should study sport because:
- it is equivalent to one GCSE
- you understand the academic requirements of this course
- you understand that it is not all practical
- you are interested in a career in sport
- you want to combine new information with what
- you already know about sport
- you are interested in what makes a healthy, active lifestyle
- you enjoy analysing and evaluating sports performance
What will I learn?
There are four units covered on the course.
- Unit one – fitness for sport and exercise
- Unit two – practical sport
- Unit three – the mind and sports performance
- Unit four – the sports performer in action
How will I be assessed?
- Coursework portfolio
- Online tests
- Project-based assessments
Future pathways and careers
- BTEC Level 3 Nationals in sport
- Sport and exercise scientist
- Fitness/gym instructor
- PE teacher
- Sports commentator
- Armed Forces
- Leisure centre attendant/manager
- Sports development officer
- Massage therapist
Mr M Sisson