Virtual academy tour
Once your son/daughter has accepted a place at Queen Elizabeth’s Academy, we will work will families and their current academy/school to ensure a smooth transition from year 6 into year 7.
Year 6 transition tasks
Transition arrangements – *currently on hold*
All students who have been offered a year 7 place at Queen Elizabeth’s will have access to transition resources – when restrictions allow, we will arrange with primary schools for pupils to be given the opportunity to meet their new tutor, classmates and experience a typical day. Some vulnerable students will visit Queen Elizabeth’s on more occasions to allow them to become familiar with key staff.
During the first half-term all year 7 parents/guardians will be invited to attend a welcome evening to discuss their child’s progress with tutors, and to ensure they have settled well at Queen Elizabeth’s Academy.
There will be additional support for students who are likely to struggle with the move to the secondary environment. This may also include students who are coming alone or with very few other students from their academy/school. These students will be identified by their primary, and members of Queen Elizabeth’s staff will liaise with each academy and school to fully understand the needs of these individuals.
Why do we have a transition programme?
Our transition programme is designed to ensure that our new students:
- will be extremely enthusiastic about starting and feel ‘special’
- are eager to ask questions
- are able to air their worries and discuss fears with like-minded children
- enjoy meeting and getting to know academy staff
- meet students at Queen Elizabeth’s who have been through the transition process before
- form friendships within their tutor groups
- mix with students from different primaries
- feel a huge confidence boost, especially from frequent visits to the academy
- understand the academy site and environment