Due to the coronavirus pandemic and subsequent school closures, the government has announced that this year’s summer examinations, including A Levels, GCSEs and other qualifications, have been cancelled. The government has provided guidance on how grades will be awarded for these examinations, which can be found here. We are currently waiting for further information and will update this page as soon as it is available.
Useful links to examinations and official bodies
The following links provide useful advice and updates on exams during the coronavirus outbreak.
The Exams Office
Please also ensure you are clear about and understand the rules to sitting examinations – these are outlined below:
- You must be on time for all your examinations
- You must not become involved in any unfair or dishonest practice in any part of the examination
- You must not:
– sit an examination in the name of another candidate;
– have in your possession any unauthorised material or equipment which might give you an unfair advantage
- Possession of a mobile phone or other unauthorised material is breaking the rules, even if you do not intend to use it, and you will be subject to penalty and possible disqualification
- You must not talk to, attempt to communicate with or disturb other candidates once you have entered the examination room
- You must follow the instructions of the invigilator
- If you are in any doubt speak to the invigilator
Mobile phones and technology
Students must ensure that they do not bring mobile phones, iPods, MP3/4 players or smartwatches into the examination room. No potential technological/web enabled sources of information must be present.
Possession of any of these unauthorised items is a serious offence and could result in disqualification from your examination and your overall qualification.
To ensure you are not at any risk of these items being brought into an examination, please leave them at home. You are not then causing a risk to your own and others’ examination success.
If you have any queries about the timetable or any of the exam rules, please contact our main office team on email – email@example.com