At Queen Elizabeth’s Academy we have high expectations around uniform. We believe strongly in the link between students maintaining good standards of uniform and educational performance.
The academy uniform is formal and business-like in style, and is as follows:
- Academy blazer- this is to be worn to school daily.
- Academy tie- new Year 7 students will be provided with a tie.
- White shirt- long or short sleeved, must button up to the neck to accommodate the tie.
- Dark blue or black plain school jumper- for winter term only- no sports brands or visible logos please.
- Black formal trousers- leggings, jeggings or sportswear are not permitted.
- Black formal skirt- knee length, stretchy fashion ‘tube’ skirts are not permitted.
- Plain black formal shoes- sports brands, trainers or plimsolls are not permitted.
- Please refer to the academy website for PE kit.
With regards to jewellery, hair and makeup, the regulations are equally as formal and are as follows:
- Earrings- only one stud per ear is permitted.
- One watch.
- Rings, bracelets, anklets and necklaces are not permitted.
- Facial piercings are not permitted- clear plastic retainers may be worn.
- Subtle make-up only- staff reserve the right to request make-up be removed if it is not deemed subtle.
- Nails- false nails, extensions and nail varnish are not permitted.
- Hairstyles- non-natural hair colours and combinations are not permitted. Nor are extreme shaved styles.
We understand that uniform can be expensive, so we have kept our branded uniform to a minimum.
Please follow our uniform guidance to avoid making purchases that we do not permit in school.
Should you require any further guidance please do not hesitate to contact the Heads of Year.
Physical education uniform and kit
Compulsory for boys and girls:
- royal blue round neck T-shirt with academy logo (pictured)
– available to buy from the School Wear shop
- black or navy shorts – must be plain (one small logo permitted)
- white sports socks
- black or navy football socks
- trainers and football boots
In the interest of Health and Safety, all students must have gumshields and shin-pads.
Optional (but highly recommended):
- navy long sleeved (zip) top – available to buy from the School Wear shop and the academy PE department
- black or navy tracksuit bottoms – must be plain (one small logo permitted)
- (Girls only) black leggings – must be plain (one small logo permitted)
- black or navy wind/water proof jacket – must be plain and wearing of this is at staff discretion, dependant on the weather
Mobile phones and technology
In the interest of safety, security and for safeguarding reasons, mobile phones are not to be seen, heard or used by students in the academy. Students are allowed to carry phones for safety reasons, but they must be switched off in bags.
Students can contact parents in an emergency by asking at reception. Parents/carers can contact students by ringing the main academy number (01623 623559) and a message will be passed on by a member of staff.
If a student has a mobile phone, iPod (including headphones) or other electronic device and it is seen or heard by a member of staff, it will be confiscated and locked in the safe until the end of the academy day. Future instances will result in further sanctions.
It is best not to bring any valuable items to the academy in case they get lost.