Why study Business?
If you enjoy:
- communicating and explaining your ideas
- thinking creatively and making decisions
- working with numbers to solve business problems
- learning about the world of business through real and relevant local and international brands
then the GCSE business course is the right choice for you.
What will I learn?
You’ll start by exploring the world of small businesses through the lens of an entrepreneur. How and why do business ideas come about? What makes a successful business? You’ll learn how to develop an idea, spot an opportunity and turn it into a successful business. You will understand how to make a business effective, manage money and see how the world around us affects small businesses and all the people involved. Then you’ll move on to investigating business growth. How does a business develop beyond the start-up phase? You’ll learn about key business concepts and issues and decisions you need to make when growing a business and working in a global business. You’ll learn about meeting customer needs, making marketing, operational, financial and human resourcing decisions and you’ll explore how the wider world impacts the business as it grows.
How will I be assessed?
Examinations – 2 exam papers, each worth 50% of the overall qualification.
Future pathways and careers
- A levels and BTEC Level 3 business courses
- Leisure and tourism industry
- Customer service
- Management roles
- Manufacturing industry
Mr M Watson